Thursday 7 February 2013

I want more joy in my life Part 2

So after my last blog post last night, a very wise friend of mine (I have lots of wise friends, I'm still hoping their wiseness will rub off on me) gave me this response to my Eat, Pray, Love moment... or whatever it was, and I told her that I would blog it because everyone needs to hear it, and maybe someone was feeling like me last night and they needed to hear it. This is what she said to me: 


IN RESPONSE TO YOUR BLOG...YES I READ YOUR BLOG:
The secret to happiness, huh? Oh darling look at you falling right into Alice's Rabbit hole. Welcome to existential crisis 101...you are the teacher and the student and class started 24 years ago...eish! If we knew the secret to happiness then we would do it and stop living! because well honey...it's all about the journey and not the destination. The meer fact that you are asking such questions doesn't mean you don't live a fulfilling life but rather that you are in the pursuit of happiness...we should all be in pursuit of happiness. It's what makes the journey interesting. Think of it this way, if we only had joy and no pain, we wouldn't fully appreciate happiness because we wouldn't understand how rare and precious it is to have it. I for one have read EAT PRAY LOVE and well, after writing "Om Namah Shivaya" (I honour the divinity that resides within me) a couple of times, I'd had enough of self-help and I realised that that lady had way too much money...also, aint the point of self help to SELF help...anyway, I digress. The point is darling face, you are exactly where you need to be right now. Asking questions. Feeling all that you are feeling, warts and ugly cries too. Its meant to be there, its part of the pursuit of happiness. Don't try to control the process, because sometimes, we need moments like this to remind us about the things we really want. You are a beautiful being and are loved so very much. Honour the divinity in you, trust the journey and I promise you, when you have worked through this rough part, the first time you have a good belly laugh after a deep cry is the moment you recognise the necessity for the pain...don't get me wrong, it sux balls, but when you wrestle and work through the hard bits you learn to tap into more of your strength and I think, maybe, perhaps, that might be the closest to happiness? Now go have a donut and dance around singing your favourite song, because you are epic:) xx

This made me cry and smile and made me happy all at 
once because she was so right in so many 
ways and I knew it. I just needed someone to remind 
me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment