Tuesday 26 February 2013

Twenty-Five...

So, I finally turned 25 and all that was on my mind those last few hours was...I need to watch Finding Nemo Lol I know some of you might have expected something deeper like I was sitting there staring into the sunset thinking about where my life is going now that I was in my mid-20s. Well I wasn't, all I had in my mind was Nemo and the reason for that being that I was trying to do more things on the list of 25 things to do before I turn 25. I wish I could say I did very well on this list, but no, I wasn't able to complete it like I anticipated but all is not lost, I'm turning 30 in 5 years time so I have a few more years to come up with an even better list. Maybe next time I'll give myself more time though, a month was a little rushed. Anyway, here's an update:

Number 1 *drum roll please* I GOT MY DRIVERS LICENCE!!!!!! :-) After taking a whole box of calmettes for my nerves, and sweating in the furious Durban heat practising my parking, on the 25th of January, I passed my drivers licence test. I would post a picture of it but I look like a convict in my temporary drivers licence and today I picked up my drivers licence card and I look even worse so no, I will spare you the horror hahahahaha! The only thing that could have possibly beat the euphoria of this one was maybe finishing my Masters thesis, which was no.2 on the list. Still have not finished it but ya, I don't even wanna comment on this anymore, I'm just gonna do it!!

#3. I was all set and ready to watch Finding Nemo. I had it streamed it on my laptop during the day, ready for me to watch later and then bang: NO EAR PHONES :( My laptop speakers were broken at the time and I needed earphones to be able to hear sound but my boyfriend had borrowed them that day and forgot to give them back so I STILL don't know how Nemo was found. 

#4. I managed to drive to Pietermaritzburg on my own, went more than once actually. The first time, I just decided to surprise my mother one Sunday and pitched in the morning. It made me appreciate all those trips she's made to Durban taking me to varsity and picking me up, so much more after she made me pick my little cousin up from home when she had to return to campus after the vac.

#5. I totally wasn't able to go a day without social networks, I'm not sure I even tried Lol

#6. I think I succeeded like ONCE at waking up at 7am...I failed dismally at this but in my defence I sleep really late and, and...and nothing, I just can't.

#7. I was winning at this and I was so proud of myself but a few days before my birthday I succumbed to the temptation when I had a deadline to meet and just needed to chew gum, hard!

#8. I substituted fizzy drinks for Vitamin Water, which ended up being an obsession but it's healthier right so...

#9. I did dye my hair but it wasn't as radical as I thought it would be, was quite subtle. I think I washed my hair too quickly after applying the dye but I was actually just worried my hair might fall out hahahahahaha

#10. No vision board! I didn't even try :(

#11. This one was also actually pretty awesome because it so happened that AFCON was being played in South Africa this year and after watching the first game at the stadium I was hooked. So much fun!! AND it helped that the national team won their game (they don't usually win games). I was also convinced that I was their good luck charm until they lost in the semi-finals or was it quarter finals, I can't be sure, I was just so happy to be there. 

#12. I did NOT make it to church every Sunday :(

#13. As of today I have 406 followers on Twitter WITHOUT participating in #FollowFriday Lol

#14. I hadn't received Ayanda's letter when I wrote this list and when I got it I was sooooo happy, it came exactly on my birthday actually so I couldn't reply before I turned 25. But I'm definitely replying. 


#15. I DID NOT STOP BEING STUBBORN!

#16, 17 and 18. Did not take the train in the Durban or do a full medical exam OR drink 8 glasses of water everyday.

#19. I did start a blog, you're reading it and you're gonna share it with your all friends and family :)

#20. I managed to delete as many people as I could on my facebook that I didn't actually know. More than just deleting people I don't know, really it was people who don't know me, invite me on facebook and then nothing, they never comment on a single status, or picture or ANYTHING...I guess they just figured they were so interesting that I had to know them Lol. I'm down to 769 from 1086.

#21. Mbali Gee got to be the person I called that I haven't spoken to in over a year, it also helped that it was her birthday, which made it even better.

#22. The stranger I bought lunch for wasn't exactly the stranger I had in my mind actually. I was hoping to get it for a homeless person. It ended up being a girl I had met in the res TV room. 

#23. Sadly, I still don't know how to change a car tyre BUT I think I can redeem  myself on this one because I got car AND tyre insurance for my car and they tell me all I need to do is call them for assistance so I won't need to. 

#24. Yay...I have started learning to programme with R. Gives me a headache at times but I'm trying...

#25. Yeah, I didn't drive to Joburg, driving to Pietermaritzburg from Durban was more than enough for me at the moment. 

Well that's that for now...look out for another one in like 4 years when I'm 29 eeeeek!!


2 comments:

  1. Licence driver, i guess you finally found time and your earphones to watch 'Finding Neno' great movie!
    So you would normally have all 4 flavors of the "healthy" vitamin water?

    Dez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Dez, I still haven't watched it...will try to watch it this weekend, my laptop speakers were replaced anyhow :)
      I was still testing out which of the flavours I like the most, and went with the Rejuve, I love all things berry-like! You don't agree that vitamin water is healthy? It beats drinking coke, no?

      Delete